Coming down with a cold seems pretty easy these days, especially with everyone in school sneezing, blowing their nose and not washing their hands. I have already had some sort of cold twice this winter and am determined to see what I can do in order to prevent this from happening again for a while.
It has to be easier than it looks preventing germs from entering your body. However, I have always heard that when someone is sneezing and coughing that they were contagious before they even had any symptoms.
Preventing any illness, including the common cold, begins with the following six basic prevention strategies (WebMD):
- Think of hand washing as a survival skill.
- Never touch your mouth, nose, or eyes without washing your hands.
- Do not share food and other things that
- go in the mouth, like double dipping chips.
- Encourage family members to cover their mouths with a tissue when they cough or sneeze and to dispose of the tissue themselves. No time to grab a tissue? Cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow instead of your hands.
- Avoid sharing personal items like toiletries, towels, and pillows.
- Get proper rest and good nutrition to improve resistance and bolster immunity.
There are no known cures for colds and flu, so cold and flu prevention should be your goal. A proactive approach to warding off colds and flu is apt to make your whole life healthier (Natural).
#1 Wash Your Hands
#2 Don’t Cover Your Sneezes and Coughs With Your Hands
#3 Don’t Touch Your Face
#4 Do Aerobic Exercise Regularly
#5 Eat Foods Containing Phytochemicals
#6 Don’t Smoke
#7 Cut Alcohol Consumption
Colds hinder your lifestyle and keep people from doing what they want. However, these steps will help people become more active and make colds a less frequent occurrence.
Please Comment Below with any tips that you have to keep colds away!