Baking is a hobby that can be taken seriously or just for fun. One of my favorite shows to watch on Food Network is called The Pioneer Woman. Ree Drummond is a home cook and all of her recipes look AMAZING! I like trying out new desserts and recipes whenever I have some extra time.
Every recipe that I have made from this show is delicious and simple. She makes sure that all of her recipes are something that each and every person can follow and understand.
In my opinion this show is definitely worth watching. Ree Drummond has a very bubbly personality and keeps you interested throughout the entire thirty-minute program.
It features her life and family living on a farm. Her catch line at the beginning of each show is…“welcome to my frontier”(Pioneer).
Another credible note is the fact that I personally have made roughly ten recipes from the show and they have all turned out divine.
Cooking and baking do not have to be intimidating or difficult. This show proves that very fact. Time in the kitchen should be fun and spent with loved ones.
Here is a short clip of her talking about her “Kitchen essentials:
Ree even has her own blog FULL of tips, tricks and the life of a pioneer woman. I love looking over her ideas and recipes especially.
Her blog can be found at the following link: http://thepioneerwoman.com
One of her recipes that has become my absolute favorite cookie to make is Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are scrumptious to put it lightly. I had to include the recipe in case anyone is willing to try this recipe out for themselves.
On her show and blog Ree stated, “Is there anything better in the world than chocolate malt?”(Pioneer).
Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Recipe for Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup golden brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup instant malted milk powder (rounded 1/2 c)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter, then add both sugars and cream until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat slightly, then add the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the malted milk powder and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture, beating gently until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir in gently.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between the cookies (they spread out quite a bit). Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. The cookies will be very flat and very chewy. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan with a spatula.
- Optional: Allow to cool completely, then use 2 cookies to make an ice cream sandwich. Add sprinkles to the sides of the ice cream, then wrap individually in plastic wrap.
Feel free to comment below to tell me what your favorite Pioneer Woman recipes are.